Team Coaching Training Workshop with David Clutterbuck
We are proud to present for the first time in Denmark the leading global expert on coaching and mentoring, Professor David Clutterbuck, facilitating a three-day intensive workshop focused on team coaching.
This powerful training course from the author of the first evidence-based book on team coaching is aimed at coaches, HR consultants and leaders already training in one-to-one coaching, who want to extend their skills beyond one-to-one coaching and professionalise their approach to building team collaboration and team performance.
This team coaching training course is accredited by ICF and counts towards achieving the EIA accreditation
Why Team Coaching
Building teams for high performance is a priority in business to ensure long-term competitiveness. Leaders are struggling to live up to the expectations of the individual team members, to avoid conflicts and use tensions creatively, to facilitate collaboration and to keep the teams on track towards their goals. Team coaching is one of the most rapidly growing segments in the coaching world. It addresses the performance, behaviours, structures, processes and aspirations of the team, ultimately equipping the team with the ability to apply a coaching mindset to itself. This is needed to deal with the rapidly changing environments and changing demands that teams experience.
At the end of the training, you will have
- A clear understanding of the core concepts of team coaching and what makes it so different from one-to-one coaching, or other interventions, such as team building.
- An extensive toolkit of practical approaches you can use in working with intact teams.
- An awareness of the most common traps for team coaches and how to avoid them.
- Clarity around how to contract with a team, so that they get the most benefit from the coaching process.
- Practice in using some of the core tools and techniques of team coaching.
- Insights from team coaching that will improve your one-to-one coaching.
Why you should attend this training
- To build on your existing experience of working with intact teams.
- To assess how and whether to bring team coaching into your existing portfolio of coaching/ consulting activities.
- To enhance your skills and confidence in working with teams.
- To bring greater clarity to your offering as a team coach.
- And simply to be challenged and stimulated as part of your learning journey as a coach!
One of the original pioneers of formal coaching and mentoring, David is visiting professor at three universities – Oxford Brookes, Sheffield Hallam and York St John – and associate faculty at Ashridge. He is author, co-author or editor of almost 70 books, including the first evidence based books on team coaching and on coaching culture. Co-founder of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council in 1992, David is now its Special Ambassador, tasked with spreading good practice internationally.
Day 1: Fundamentals
- Introduction to the concept: a historical and theoretical perspective
- The purpose of team coaching
- How teams evolve
- Models of team learning
- What helps and hinders team efficacy? The leader follower relationship.
- What do we mean by high performing team?
- Differences between individual coaching and team coaching. Identifying team strengths and weaknesses.
- Key steps in the team coaching process – contracting, scoping, developing the team’s capacity to coach itself
Day 2: Techniques and approaches
- Team coaching session dialogue: contracting, goal setting, defining the issue, context, redefinition, seeking individual and collective mindshift, alternative ways forward, decisions, recontracting
- Competencies of a team coach
- Behaviours of teams and team members. How to recognize and analyze team dysfunction
- Principles of group dynamics
- Team identity
- Establishing and working with team purpose.
- Surfacing and managing conflicting agendas. Techniques for managing team conflict
- Communication and networking
- Techniques to clarify and build alignment with team goals.
- Managing team motivation, temporal issues, creativity
Day 3: Developing a team coaching practice
- Raising the quality of team decision-making
- Improving team processes
- Aligning individual and collective development within a Team Development Plan
- Ethical issues in team coaching
- Developing your team coaching brand and offering.
- Managing disengagement of the coaching relationship.
The training course
This is a 3-days training – all days from 9am to 4pm.
Lunch and refreshments are included.
Participants – entry requirements
Participants must have a minimum of 30 hours’ experience of post-accreditation one-to-one coaching or team coaching. Are you uncertain whether you are qualified, please contact us for clarification.
June 25-27, 2018
DKK 16.500 excl. VAT per participant
Pleace notice that due to the Danish Tax Act we are obliged to charge Danish VAT for events, courses and conferences held in Denmark. This applies to persons and companies within and outside the EU.
KMP+ House of Mentoring, Kongevejen 155, 2830 Virum, Denmark
Participants will receive the following materials in English
- Participants manual
- Manual of tem coaching exercises
- E-book: Powerful Questions for Team Coaches
*Please note that the language of the training course will be English
Please note that your enrolment is binding. However, if you are not able to participate, a relevant colleague may take your place. Read our terms and conditions here!