The Mentor+Game™ is a key tool for training mentors and mentees. This innovative and engaging game – based on the Mentor’s Many Roles – will help clarify the situational mentor roles and how each role can be used to address specific mentee needs.
The Mentor+Game™ is an engaging card game for mentors and mentees to:
- Explore situations they face during their mentoring partnership.
- Test how Mentor’s Many Roles can be used in different situations.
- Develop a common understanding of the mentoring relationship.
- Gain confidence in their role and become aware of how they can benefit from the mentoring relationship.
- Experience the dynamic of the mentoring relationship and experiment with Mentor’s Many Roles.
Mentor+Game™ – a powerful tool for increasing the impact of mentoring programmes
The Mentor+Game™ enhances the quality of the learning process for mentors and mentees. It is based on the 10 situational mentor roles, all of which aim to strengthen the mentor/mentee-relationship and increase the benefits of their conversations.
The Mentor+Game™ is an educational tool – based on the theory of experiential learning, – that involves the participants and enables shared reflections, constructive discussions, sharing of experiences and thus promoting a deeper understanding of themselves and the learning opportunities of mentoring.
Benefits of the Mentor+Game™
- Provides the backbone for your mentoring programme.
- Ensures mutual understanding of mentoring and the role of the mentor.
- Provides a clear and hands-on tool for training mentors and mentees.
- Ensures that both mentors and mentees have the same understanding and expectation of what mentoring is and can bring.
- Provides a framework for (peer) supervision.
- Provides mentors and mentees with structure for evaluating their collaboration and giving each other feedback.
- Increases the quality and benefits of your mentoring programme.
Mentor’s Many Roles
Enters into discussions with and challenges mentees
Tells stories to inspire mentees
Gives expert advice
Shares professional knowledge when needed
Ask questions that provide new insight
Gives constructive criticism and feedback
Supports mentees in developing and using networks
Opens doors and provides references
Encourages and supports mentees
Provides mentees with career guidance
In the video you can hear our Director Kirsten M. Poulsen explain more about Mentor’s Many Roles
CREATE SUCCESSFUL MENTORING PROGRAMMES WITH THE MENTOR+GAME™
Since 2009, more than 8,000 mentors and mentees from all over the world have been trained using the Mentor+Game™ – this does not include the work of the more than 30 accredited corporate facilitators.
3 ways to apply our Mentor+Game™ concept
Let us facilitate your mentoring activities with the Mentor+Game™
- Tailor-made workshops – adapted to the organisational learning objectives and supports exiting development programmes.
- Constructive learning environment – increases the motivation of mentors and mentees and ensures a common understanding of the programme objectives, roles and responsibilities.
Learn more about how we can facilitate your mentoring activities with the Mentor+Game™
Mentor+Facilitator™ Accreditation and Licence for corporations
- Build internal resources – gain up-to-date knowledge of mentoring and practical skills in training mentors and mentees and facilitating mentoring programmes.
- Enhance the effect of the process – increase the quality, impact and value of your company-internal mentoring programmes in a cost-effective way.
Learn more about the Mentor+Facilitator™ Accreditation and Licence and be able to use our concepts
Join our mentoring platform – Mentor+Universe™
- Gain access anytime, anywhere online with the Mentor+Universe™– easily grow your mentoring programme across the organisation and impact more people.
- Enhances the value of organisational mentoring programmes – increase the impact and benefits of mentoring programmes through innovative tools and models.
Learn more about the Mentor+Universe™ and request a live demo
Mentor+Game™ – Materials
Workbook for mentors and mentees
The Workbook for mentors and mentees is based on the Mentor+Game™ and provides a solid tool for mentors and mentees helping them to prepare well for their meeting, hold good and effective meetings, decide on relevant homework for the mentee and follow up. Thus, the Workbook
- Strengthens reflection and learning
- Increases the value of the meeting
- Increases the outcome of the process
Currently, the Workbook is available in Danish and English, and can be purchased when KMP+ House of Mentoring delivers all or parts of your mentoring programme, or as accredited facilitator – Mentor+Facilitator™ Accreditation and licence.
Role cards for mentors og mentees
The role cards are intended for mentors and mentees, who each receive one set consisting of 10 cards, where each card describes a role that the mentor can take on in the learning relationship with the mentee. The cards are the size of small business cards, and therefore some people can easily bring to the meetings.
Currently, the role cards are available in Danish, English, Norwegian and Swedish and can be purchased when KMP+ House of Mentoring delivers all or parts of your mentoring programme, or as accredited facilitator – Mentor+Facilitator™ Accreditation and licence.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive
- News and inspiration in the fields of mentoring, leadership and talent development.
- Information and offers on our courses and events.
- Offers and discounts on our books and materials.
- Invitation to participate in surveys.
- News about KMP+ House of Mentoring
For more information about our privacy policies read here.
When signing up for our newsletter you give your consent to receive the above listed information and offers. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any newsletter you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will treat your information with confidentially.