The Mentor+Game is an educational tool – based on the theory of experiential learning, – that involves the participants and enables shared reflections, constructive discussions, sharing of experiences and thus promoting a deeper understanding of themselves and the learning opportunities of mentoring. The Mentor+Game is a key tool for training mentors and mentees.
Mentor+Game – a solid foundation for the mentoring programme
About the Mentor+Game
- Helps people prepare for their roles as a mentor or mentee
- Provides a common definition and understanding of mentoring
- Develops participants’ understanding of the Mentor’s Many Roles
- Helps mentors and mentees match align their expectations
- Builds mentors’ and mentees’ understanding of what makes a constructive conversation
- Increases mentor and mentee motivation
- Helps participants give and receive feedback and evaluate their mentoring partnership
- Assures the quality of mentoring and provide opportunities for “peer review”
- Encourages participants to share their experiences
The Mentor+Game is based on the 10 situational mentor roles, all of which aim to strengthen the mentor/mentee-relationship and increase the benefits of their conversations. The Mentor+Game enhance the quality of the learning processes for mentors and mentees
Mentor’s Many Roles
|Storyteller||Tells stories to inspire their mentee|
|Discussion Partner||Enters into discussions with, and challenges their mentee|
|Advisor||Gives expert advise|
|Knowledge Sharer||Shares professional knowledge when needed|
|Coach||Asks questions that provide new insights|
|Critic||Gives constructive criticism and feedback|
|Networker||Supports mentee in developing and using networks|
|Door Opener||Opens doors and gives references|
|Sponsor||Provides mentee with career guidance|
|Friend||Encourages and supports mentee|
The Mentor+Game is an engaging card game for mentors and mentees to:
- Explore situations they face during their mentoring partnership
- Test how the Mentor’s Many Roles can be used in different situations
- Develop a common understanding of the mentoring relationship
- Gain confidence in their role and become more aware of how they can benefit from the mentoring relationship
- Experience the dynamic of the mentoring relationship and experiment with the Mentor’s Many Roles
This innovative and engaging game defines and exemplifies the situational mentor roles and shows how these may be applied in regards to specific needs of the mentee.
Who uses the Mentor+Game?
Since 2009 and until 2017, we have trained more than 7.000 mentors and mentees with the Mentor+Game. We work with clients in Denmark and internationally, helping them to develop local and global mentoring programmes. Our customers include Accura, Airbus, Danfoss, DNV GL, Novo Nordisk, PwC, Copenhagen Business School, University of Oslo, University of Brighton and more.
Kirsten M. Poulsen talks about the prerequisite of a good relationship between mentor and mentee and how Mentor’s Many Roles can be used in a mentoring programme.
Accreditation in the Mentor+Game
Do you wish to increase the effect of mentoring in your organisation? – create a common language for mentoring? Then participate in our 2-day Mentor+Game accreditation course. This accreditation is relevant for HR Consultants, HR Partners and other internal company consultants who is responsible for the mentoring programme in the organisation. Participating in the Mentor+Game accreditation will provide you with skills and tools to train your own mentors and mentees.
The Mentor+Game Workbook provides a solid tool for mentors and mentees helping them to prepare well for their meetings, hold good and effective meetings, decide on relevant homework for the mentee and follow up. Thus the Workbook
- Strengthens reflection and learning
- Increases the value of the meetings
- Increases the outcome of the process
Currently, the Workbook is available in Danish and English, and can be purchased when KMP+ House of Mentoring delivers the mentoring programme or as Mentor+Game accredited
Read more about the Mentor+Game accreditation
Sign up for our newsletter and receive
- News and inspiration in the fields of mentoring, leadership and talent development.
- Information and offers on our courses and events.
- Offers and discounts on our books and materials.
- Invitation to participate in surveys.
- News about KMP+ House of Mentoring
For more information about our privacy policies read here.
When signing up for our newsletter you give your consent to receive the above listed information and offers. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any newsletter you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will treat your information with confidentially.