With the Mentor+Design Process you will have expert support deciding which programme design is best for your strategic purpose and organisational context. We partner with your programme management team and provide know-how, experience and advice to help you develope and validate the design for your mentoring programme.
In this process, we provide tailor-made consulting and external perspective on your mentoring programme plans, and we transfer knowledge and tools to your programme managers, providing them with insight and skills to design and manage your future mentoring programme.
With the Mentor+Design Process your programme management team will
- Acquire competences to take on the role as programme managers and programme management team.
- Learn how to recruit and match mentors and mentees to ensure motivation, engagement and relevant learning.
- Involve stakeholders, develop your communication plan, and ensure organisational commitments to mentoring.
Want to learn more?
Contact us to hear more about our Mentor+Design Process and find out how we can support your mentoring design process.
What to expect
You will be guided through the design work by a senior consultant from KMP+ House of Mentoring. With this solution you will receive coaching and advice related to your specific context, strategic agenda, and challenges.
The result of this collaboration will be:
- A final, validated mentoring programme design adapted to your purpose and context.
- A communication plan focusing on mentor and mentee candidates, their direct managers and relevant stakeholders.
- A process and criteria for matching.
- A programme manager/management team ready to launch and implement the mentoring programme.
Included in the Mentor+Design Process package
- 8 hours of consulting, coaching and knowledge transfer with a KMP+ senior consultant.
- Planned as 4 online meetings of 2 hours each or as a one-day session with your programme management team.
- Checklists for designing a best practice mentoring programme.
- Templates for matching, code of ethics etc.
- 1 online follow-up session approx. 6 months later to support implementation and learning.
The Five-Phase Model for designing and implementing mentoring programmes
We developed the Five-Phase Model to provide a comprehensive overview of how to design best practice mentoring programmes. The Five-Phase Model works as a checklist for designing the mentoring programme and ensuring that the final design of the specific mentoring programme is well thought through and tailored to the specific organizational context, purpose, and resources. We use this model as a core in all our design and implementing activities.
Based on the Five-Phase Model we go through all the vital elements of a professionally designed mentoring programme to help identify success criteria, avoid pitfalls and plan the mentoring programme in detail:
- Why is mentoring the right thing to do – the potential for implementing a mentoring programme is explored. The programme design is adapted to your overall strategic purpose, define target group and timeline.
- How to select & match mentors and mentees - define the criteria and processes for selecting and matching mentors and mentees as well as plan the timeline and deadlines. We provide insight into pitfalls and success criteria for ensuring participants are motivated, engaged and ready to participate.
- Programme activities - for each individual programme, the actual activities will be designed and developed in coordination with the mentoring programme management team and the context of the organisation will be considered.
- Getting ready to communicate and launch - the communication plan is finalized with all relevant stakeholders in mind – especially important to consider the direct managers of the participants in the programme.