LEADING REMOTE TEAMS
Boost your Virtual Team perfomance!
Virtual workplaces are often seen as a way to cut costs, as an alternative to business travel and expatriation. Since the start of the worldwide COVID crisis, many of us are working remotely whether we like it or not. But the bigger value is the ability to tap into knowledge, experience and talent anywhere in the organisation, regardless of location. At short notice, a project team of talents and experts from various corners of the globe can be off the ground. They are likely to outperform the traditional team sitting in a single location, providing the team members know how to use technology in a smart way, bridge time zones and cultures, build relationships and trust without face-to-face contact. These are skills that can and should be learnt.
Executive Coaching: Remote teams require a different type of leadership than conventional teams. Managing the performance of direct reports that are not at the same location requires a different skill set and it may be uncomfortable for some leaders to ‘let go’ of immediate control. Application coaching is part of this programme, aimed at supporting participants to integrate what they have learnt into their daily practices.
- Know the differences between leading a ‘classic’ team and a virtual team and be aware of their strengths and development areas as a remote leader
- Know how to build a (new) team through communication technology
- Be able to lead engaging, lively meetings that yield results
- Be able to generate improved results from virtual teams
- Know how to mentor or coach remote team members
- Know how to support home workers in keeping a healthy work environment
- Know how to leverage cultural diversity in a remote context.
Organisational impact of this training
- Increased performance, more focus on the team’s task and result
- Less time wasted on misunderstandings
- Productive instead of destructive conflict
- Better use of talent, knowledge and experience across the organisation
- More alignment between team members
- Increased motivation for team members.
Included in this training programme
- State of the art research-based content from senior facilitators who have worked and lived in multiple countries and are themselves members of a virtual global team
- Opportunity to practice, learn from successes and mistakes in a safe environment
- A highly interactive virtual classroom (not a webinar environment) with a delivery team of two: a senior facilitator and a technical producer
- A one-on-one executive coaching session to connect the learning to the participant’s own leadership challenges
- Dedicated webpage for each group with all course information.
- Access to recorded sessions up to 1 month after the last session.
Group size: up to 12 participants.
Price: DKK 8.500 excl. VAT
Included in this price:
- 4 live online training sessions of 2¼ hours each
- 1 hour executive coaching (1 on 1 by phone or Teams)
- Pre-programme questionnaire to assess learning needs
- Access to ressources and recorded sessions
Additional coaching DKK 2.300 per hour.
In order to complete the Leading Remote Teams Programme you must be able to participate the following dates:
- Wednesday 19 May | 14.00 – 16.00
- Wednesday 26 May | 14.00 – 16.00
- Wednesday 02 June | 14.00 – 16.00
- Wednesday 09 June | 14.00 – 16.00
Sign up for the training programme here
Provide your details and sign up for the training programme. Your registration is binding. Please notice that you must be able to attend all 4 sessions to complete the training programme.
The virtual class room
For this virtual training programme, KMP+ House of Mentoring collaborates with Nomadic IBP, experts at virtual classroom training. The virtual classroom sessions are delievered in WebEx in a higly interactive fashion. This means that participants will practive extensively. At least half of each session is to gain hands-on experience and receive ample feedback from peers and the trainers.
To ensure that each session will be interactive engaging, the number of participants in each group is limited to 12. Since 2008, Nomadic has developed a proven methodology for designing and facilitating virtual sessions that is based on interactivity and engagement.