KMP+ House of Mentoring is a mentoring business based in Denmark, operating globally with participants from 30+ countries. We offer expert knowledge, experienced consultants, software, wide range of supporting resources, training programmes and ongoing support to ensure highly effective mentoring in your organisation.
We are members of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC) and embrace and respect the Code of Ethics.
Since 2000, we have designed and delivered state-of-the-art of mentoring programmes based on in-depth research and good practice for a variety of clients worldwide. We engage in relevant research and collaborate with the best in academia to create and communicate cutting-edge knowledge of mentoring and learning.
KNOWLEDGE, MENTORING & PEOPLE
We provide concepts and tools that motivate employees to invest in their own learning and development and facilitate collaboration, networking and effective knowledge sharing across organisational and cultural boundaries. Together with the client, we ensure that development activities are relevant, meaningful to the individual, and clearly connected to strategic objectives, thus increasing the organisation’s ability to deliver results.
Benefits of working with KMP+ House of Mentoring
- One concept, one approach and one common language in the organisation for designing and implementing successful mentoring programmes.
- State-of-the-art mentor and mentee training with innovative, engaging and solid tools that have proven their value globally.
- Full awareness of pitfalls and success criteria for using mentoring for leadership and talent development in your organisation.
- Increased effect and outcome of the mentoring programmes – minimized trial and error costs.
- A partnership with an international consulting house with documented results - and long-lasting customer relationships.
We define mentoring as:
From the participants’ perspective – Mentoring is a learning partnership between two people with different levels of experience and with the potential to achieve new learning, new insights and personal growth. Mentoring is about creating synergy between two people in a learning alliance.
From the organisation’s perspective – Mentoring is a strategic development activity that supports the organisation’s vision, goals and values and the participants’ development needs and wishes.
- We provide in-depth knowledge and practical tools for designing and deploying state-of-the-art mentoring programmes with significant business impact.
- We engage in relevant research and collaborate with the best in academia to create and communicate cutting-edge knowledge of mentoring and learning.
- We are passionate about learning, actively engage with our customers and connect with the individuals impacted by our collaboration.
Profile of Director & Founder Kirsten M. Poulsen
Kirsten M. Poulsen founded KMP+ House of Mentoring back in 2000. She is an international recognised expert in the field of mentoring and has 20+ years of experience in design and delivery of high impact mentoring programmes focused on leadership, talent development and diversity across the globe.
Kirsten has a unique knowledge of mentoring combining her interest for research and the transformation of research into concepts that can be applied in the day-to-day life of managers, employees and organisations. Her passion is for facilitating learning processes that are engaging, inspiring and fun – and at the same time both effective and efficient, adding value for the participants as well as for the organisation.
Kirsten is a regular keynote speaker and moderator at international conferences, and she is an Associate Professor at Copenhagen Business School on mentoring and coaching in an organisational context at bachelor and master level. She is author and co-author of several books on mentoring. You can buy some of the books here.
With more than 30 years of international experience as a Management Consultant to major international corporations including 3 years as Nordic HR manager for SAP, a global IT company, Kirsten has acquired a unique combination of experiences and competencies. Kirsten has delivered projects in the following countries: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Egypt, Estonia, Germany, Italy, Spain, England, Ireland, France, Faroe Islands, The Netherlands, Russia, Kenya, Mexico, Argentina, Canada and USA. Her client list includes DNV GL, PwC, Airbus, Roche, Phillips, Danfoss, University of Oslo, Copenhagen Business School etc.
Kirsten has an MBA from IESE in Barcelona, Spain, as well as a Bachelor of Commerce from the Copenhagen Business School.