Developing mindset and skills for meaningful and effective virtual mentoring dialogues
Since 2014, KMP+ House of Mentoring has been delivering mentoring programmes with a blend of virtual and physical training and with a mix of virtual and physical mentor/mentee meetings. In our experience, there is still a lot of scepticism and mental barriers to overcome to take the full value of virtual conversations. Therefore, we are launching this virtual training in virtual one2one learning conversations to support organisations in their move to more virtual collaboration.
Virtualise learning conversations with Virtual Mentoring+Dialogues™
To uncover and embrace the unique opportunities of virtual collaboration, employees need a gentle nudge to leave their comfort zone of physical meetings and develop new digital skills. There is a need to cultivate a mindset of curiosity, trust and continuous learning and experimentation to overcome the feeling of social distancing that arise from not being physically in the same room – especially when having confidential one-2-one conversations.
Virtual Mentoring+Dialogues™ provides mentors and mentees with the mindset and skills to have more impactful and meaningful learning conversations with good use of virtual applications. They will expand their capacity for managing interpersonal relationships in a digital environment and be equipped with knowledge and tools to create trustful, in-depth dialogues and knowledge sharing virtually.
Benefits for mentors and mentees
- Increase virtual, interpersonal communication and knowledge sharing skills.
- Remove mental barriers to virtual dialogues and virtual collaboration.
- Identify and appreciate the added value of using virtual platforms for collaboration.
- Create a mindset of curiosity, learning and experimentation.
Benefits for the organisation
- Effective and efficient virtual collaboration across the organisation.
- Increased relationship building and networking for more mutual learning and knowledge sharing.
- Consolidating culture and values.
- More organisational focus on the unique value of virtual dialogue – less focus on travel and accommodation costs.
- Preparing virtual dialogues; technical practicalities and preparing for the conversation.
- Transforming mental barriers for virtual cooperation – both for self and others.
- Creating and maintaining a trustful rapport.
- The human approach – communication skills fuelled by emotional intelligence.
- Applying exercises and tools to boost learning.
- Balancing time on- and off-screen optimally.
Teaching and learning methods
The workshop(s) include
- Interactive presentations of theory, models, techniques and tools
- Virtual break-out rooms for practice and discussion in smaller groups
- Applying the 10 situational mentor roles from the Mentor+Game™ to guide participants through different communication styles for their virtual conversations
This course is tailored to mentor/mentee learning conversations to positively impact their relationship and collaboration. The course can be delivered for mentors or for mentees in separate workshops or together. Additionally, the course can be valuable for leaders who wish to improve their 1-2-1 virtual communication skills.
We offer two different approaches to fit the organisational needs:
A 2-hours virtual workshop where mentors and/or mentees are introduced to the theory and practice of effective learning dialogues in a virtual environment. The workshop is inter-active, providing time to practice and exchange experiences during the session.
There will be specific pre-work before the workshop to ensure optimal readiness and outcome.
2 x 2-hours virtual workshops with prework and in-between assignments to apply learnings in own context between the two sessions.
The practice includes applying theory and models -inspired by The Mentor+Universe™ – to virtual learning dialogues in your own organisation, thus gaining experience and added awareness of what works and the pitfalls. Additionally, you will create your own personal guide for virtual learning dialogues.
The second workshop includes sharing and learning from each other as well as going deeper into the skills and techniques of virtual dialogues.
The APPLY+ course includes 3 months access to the virtual Mentor/Mentee Toolbox with mentoring methodology, learning theory, videos, tools, tips and inspiration for good learning conversations whether virtual or face2face.
For the moment, it can only be purchased as an internal company course.
This training course is meant to be delivered as an in-house training for your mentors, mentees and/or leaders. Date and time for the training will be agreed directly with the client.
INSPIRE+ price per participant DKK 2.900
2 hours virtual training including prework
Minimum 8 participants
APPLY+ price per participant DKK 6.500
2 x 2 hours virtual training
Minimum 8 participants
Prework and homework between the 2 virtual workshops
*All prices are excl. VAT
Contact us for a price offer, when you have more than 8 participants.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive
- News and inspiration in the fields of mentoring, leadership and talent development.
- Information and offers on our courses and events.
- Offers and discounts on our books and materials.
- Invitation to participate in surveys.
- News about KMP+ House of Mentoring
For more information about our privacy policies read here.
When signing up for our newsletter you give your consent to receive the above listed information and offers. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any newsletter you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will treat your information confidentially.