Since 2014, KMP+ House of Mentoring has been delivering mentoring programmes with a blend of virtual and physical training and with a mix of virtual and physical mentor/mentee meetings. In our experience, there is still a lot of scepticism and mental barriers to overcome to take the full value of virtual conversations. Therefore, we are launching this virtual training in virtual one2one learning conversations to support organisations in their move to more virtual collaboration.
Virtualise learning conversations with Virtual Mentoring+Dialogues™
To uncover and embrace the unique opportunities of virtual collaboration, employees need a gentle nudge to leave their comfort zone of physical meetings and develop new digital skills. There is a need to cultivate a mindset of curiosity, trust and continuous learning and experimentation to overcome the feeling of social distancing that arise from not being physically in the same room – especially when having confidential one-2-one conversations.
Virtual Mentoring+Dialogues™ provides mentors and mentees with the mindset and skills to have more impactful and meaningful learning conversations with good use of virtual applications. They will expand their capacity for managing interpersonal relationships in a digital environment and be equipped with knowledge and tools to create trustful, in-depth dialogues and knowledge sharing virtually.
Developing mindset and skills for meaningful and effective virtual mentoring dialogues
Benefits for mentors and mentees
- Increase virtual, interpersonal communication and knowledge sharing skills.
- Remove mental barriers to virtual dialogues and virtual collaboration.
- Identify and appreciate the added value of using virtual platforms for collaboration.
- Create a mindset of curiosity, learning and experimentation.
Benefits for the organisation
- Effective and efficient virtual collaboration across the organisation.
- Increased relationship building and networking for more mutual learning and knowledge sharing.
- Consolidating culture and values.
- More organisational focus on the unique value of virtual dialogue – less focus on travel and accommodation costs.
This course is tailored to mentor/mentee learning conversations to positively impact their relationship and collaboration. The course can be delivered for mentors or for mentees in separate workshops or together. Additionally, the course can be valuable for leaders who wish to improve their 1-2-1 virtual communication skills.
- Preparing virtual dialogues; technical practicalities and preparing for the conversation.
- Transforming mental barriers for virtual cooperation – both for self and others.
- Creating and maintaining a trustful rapport.
- The human approach – communication skills fuelled by emotional intelligence.
- Applying exercises and tools to boost learning.
- Balancing time on- and off-screen optimally.
Teaching and learning methods
The workshop(s) include
- Interactive presentations of theory, models, techniques and tools
- Virtual break-out rooms for practice and discussion in smaller groups
- Applying the 10 situational mentor roles from the Mentor+Game™ to guide participants through different communication styles for their virtual conversations
Provide your details and we will send you an offer
We offer 3 different approaches:
A 1-hour virtual session with a consultant from KMP+ - the participant is introduced to the theory and practice of effective learning dialogues in a virtual environment.
There will be self-study before the session to ensure optimal readiness and outcome.
Price: DKK 8.500 per participant (max. 1)
A 2-hours virtual workshop where participants are introduced to the theory and practice of effective learning dialogues in a virtual environment. The workshop is inter-active, providing time to practice and exchange experiences during the session.
There will be specific pre-work before the workshop to ensure optimal readiness and outcome.
Price: DKK 2.900 per participant (min. 8 participants)
2 x 2-hours virtual workshops with prework and in-between assignments to apply learnings in own context between the two sessions.
The second workshop includes sharing and learning from each other as well as going deeper into the skills and techniques of virtual dialogues.
The APPLY+ course includes 3 months access to the virtual Mentor/Mentee Toolbox.
Price: DKK 6.500 per participant (min. 8 participants)